Education programs to support your CLE needs.
Who says a CLE class has to be boring?
With over 30 years of experience working on thousands of cases and observing hundreds of actual and mock juries, The Focal Point has developed a series of highly practical education programs. Filled with real-world insights and actual examples, these programs can be tailored to your area of interest and customized to a specific audience.
The Focal Point presents Continuing Legal Education (CLE) programs throughout the country to select organizations, law firms, and in-house counsel, and is certified to provide MCLE credit for these programs in the State of California.
We offer a wide range of CLE programs including:
- A Theory of Jury Selection: Five Characteristics—Psychological and attitudinal characteristics that consistently provide the foundation for juror profiles: Juror Empathy, Psychological Locus of Control, Financial Instability, Authoritarianism, and Cognitive Ability and Motivation.
- Understanding How Juries Work So Your Experts Can Help Persuade—Expert witnesses can be crucial in trials involving highly technical topics. Working with your expert to create trial graphics is crucial; without them, even the most attentive jury members may get confused and stop paying attention.
- More Than Pretty Pictures—In order to consistently prevail, you need to begin to think visually and produce other persuasion tools that let your jurors see your point.
- View From The Hot Seat – Effective Trial Presentation—How to win at trial. An analytical approach from the hot seat.
- 7 Core Values In A #MeToo Environment: Implications For Trial Strategy, Jury Selection, And Jury Deliberations—As you advise your concerned clients, it is crucial to understand the #MeToo movement, its history, and the different perspectives — victim, perpetrator, corporation, and public relations. Learn how this movement has affected the 7 core values of jurors and how this changes your trial strategy, jury selection, and jury deliberations.