Trial Consultant (New York)
Founded in 1989, The Focal Point is a leading national trial consulting firm. Our mission: Deliver winning strategies and solutions leveraging our diverse expertise and creative spirit.
We work with trial lawyers on complex, high stakes cases to uncover persuasive case theories and themes and turn them into winning courtroom presentations. We help our clients explore trial communications issues, discover critical insights, and develop powerful graphics designed for maximum impact on decision makers.
At The Focal Point (TFP), we value individual initiative and encourage free thinking and innovation. We welcome individuals who are enthusiastic about building a meaningful career and invite them to be part of this leading company in the field of trial communications.
Known as Trial Consultants, we are looking for a visual presentation producer to serve as a client contact and help manage projects in the development of persuasive visual trial presentations from our New York City or Dallas office. The Trial Consultant’s responsibilities are to collaborate with external clients and in-house teams to conceptualize and develop effective visual presentation projects. Working with our graphic designers and other consultants, they collaboratively develop ideas and analogies, sketch concepts, and refine the resulting graphics. All of this is done while managing and exceeding client expectations. The ideal candidate has the ability to organize, coordinate, and administer all resources and activities, ensuring efficient and seamless service throughout the case.
- Work with clients and project teams to distill complex issues and key themes into successful visual strategies for litigation
- Provide insight and creative solutions related to our firm’s service offerings
- Coordinate and facilitate regular internal and client meetings to confirm progress, reviews issues and actions, monitors quality, and resolves questions
- Interface with clients to propose, collect and execute client revisions and suggestions
- Prioritize case work from multiple cases, anticipate conflicting case deadlines and demands, balance workloads, and utilize the skills of others across the department
- Develop visual presentations in PowerPoint with the assistance and guidance of a graphic designer
- Ensure Quality Management process, actively maintaining high design standards and details are maintained; provide constructive feedback as needed
- Actively maintain project costs and staffing levels based on constantly fluctuating client needs and deadlines and provide analyses and make recommendations to the client to optimize time and available resources
- Contribute to best practices within the department and company
- Develop and maintain client relationships with valued clients in order to foster repeat business and referrals
- Seek opportunities within the company for personal and professional growth, such as non-billable activities and cross-training
- Foster commitment, team spirit, pride, and trust through proactive communication with other team members
We Are Looking For:
- Strong relationship-building, communication (verbal, written and visual), and effective listening skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills with an attention to detail
- High level of Power Point proficiency
- Ability to prioritize projects, meet deadlines, and work flexible shifts on short notice
- Ability to juggle and work on multiple projects and case teams, including working on longer term cases (1-12 months) and integrating into other teams in a support capacity
- A team-oriented individual who participates and contributes to team efforts and is comfortable asking questions and can both share and receive feedback
- Openness to assume additional responsibilities and pitch in wherever needed
- 3-5 years’ prior experience with managing multiple projects and client expectations
- B.S/B.A or equivalent combination of skills and experience
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite, a plus
- Ability to work late nights/weekends, and travel occasionally. The company is committed to employees achieving a work-life balance which addresses the demands of the job.
What’s in It for You?
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a growing office
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical/dental/vision/disability/life insurance benefits
- 401K matching, flex spending, and commuter subsidy
- A fun, relaxed work environment with great colleagues