Graphic Designer (Dallas)
Founded in 1989, The Focal Point is a leading national trial consulting firm. Our mission: Deliver winning strategies and solutions leveraging our diverse expertise and creative spirit.
We work with trial lawyers on complex, high stakes cases to uncover persuasive case theories and themes and turn them into winning courtroom presentations. We help our clients explore trial communications issues, discover critical insights, and develop powerful graphics designed for maximum impact on decision makers.
At The Focal Point (TFP), we value individual initiative and encourage free thinking and innovation. We welcome individuals who are enthusiastic about building a meaningful career and invite them to be part of this leading company in the field of trial communications.
Graphic designers at TFP are primarily responsible for creating artwork and information graphic designs for litigation support by embodying our values of passion, precision, and partnership. Doing so requires creative judgment, technical facility, organization, adherence to quality standards, and management of multiple design projects. We are looking for a full-time designer to add to our team in our Dallas location. The ideal candidate has the ability to produce accurate and precise work, follow instructions, and collaborate seamlessly with multiple designers and consultants.
- Create graphics and text exhibits for complex projects that convey key case themes and contribute to the conceptual case development
- Create information graphic designs that illustrate concepts and communicate information in a compelling way by:
- Collaborating with other designers and consultants to enhance their work
- Interpreting data and translating it with a balance of message clarity and stylistic consistency
- Constructing illustrations and icons that adhere to graphic styles
- Treating documents and formatting text for legible display as a slide presentation
- Provide constructive feedback and follow up on QC issues as they conform to the company’s high expectations for quality and precision
- Contribute to best practices and design solutions within the department and company
- Seek opportunities within the company for personal and professional growth, such as non-billable activities and cross-training
We Are Looking For:
- Fluent understanding of Microsoft office (primarily: PowerPoint)
- Expert skills in illustrating concepts with the Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Illustrator and Photoshop
- Demonstrated command of design principles including hierarchy, aesthetics, composition, and typography
- A team-oriented individual who participates and contributes to team efforts and is comfortable asking questions and can both share and receive feedback
- A self-motivated individual who has pride in their design product, is open to learning, good-humored, and has enthusiasm to innovate
- Strong communication and organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to think analytically
- Ability to understand the business of The Focal Point, bring new ideas, and an interest in conceptually challenging subject matters
- Openness to assume additional responsibilities and pitch in wherever needed.
- Ability to prioritize projects, meet deadlines, and work flexible shifts on short notice including nights and weekends
- Ability to travel 15% of the time working onsite for trial support. We are committed to employees achieving a work-life blend which addresses the demands of the job.
- 3–5 years' experience with information-related design (e.g., media, publishing, technical illustration, data driven presentations)
- BFA or equivalent combination of skills and experience
- Demonstrated skills in scripting, 3D modeling, animation or motion design (After Effects), a plus but not required
What’s in It for You?
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a growing office
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical/dental/vision/disability/life insurance benefits
- 401K matching, flex spending, and commuter subsidy
- A fun, relaxed work environment with great colleagues
Please review our web site at www.thefocalpoint.com and tell us why you would be a good match in your cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org. We also appreciate having access to your resume and portfolio.